Saturday 12 February 2011

Laszlo Baby Photoshoot

Apart from the hard work and sheer fun of this photoshoot, the experience was interesting in testing the space limits of my white backdrop and my inability to achieve a pure white background with the equipment I currently own. Two speedlights, one on either side were lighting the backdrop with one large softbox to camera left and an umbrella to camera right providing fill. Four speedlights were used in all. The two lights on the background failed to give me the white background I was after and so work continues on achieving this whilst avoiding any spill forward onto the subjects. Dave's left arm was cut off due to the width limits of the backdrop however in retrospect, I could have included this as in post production I effectively masked the subjects and copied them onto a white background using the colour range tool. There is also the high pass filter added to give the image a little more punch.

Syd, Dave, Colin & Jip (Laszlo Baby)